"And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by Him." Colossians 3:17, KJV

Praise the Lord


Welcome to In His Name, a devotional site where the Word of God is posted and explored. This site embraces the love of Jesus Christ, encouraging Bible study.


Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Word

He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal. If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour,” John 12: 25-26, KJV.

As I was drawn out of my sleep this morning, I felt this song in my spirit, Pass Me Not O Gentle Savior. It was again another touch from the Lord that prompted me to praise Him. We need Him at every moment of our lives. When I receive touches like this from God, it reminds me how much God loves me. It reminds me of how much He cares for me. It is a constant reminder of His existence and how much He helps us on our journey, supplying our every need.

Often when we get in the dark pits of life, it’s hard to see the light, but God sends a word to us in some shape or form. We must have ears to hear. When that song came upon me, I wasn’t familiar with all of the words, but I did know the chorus. And then I thought that maybe God wanted me to sing it to Him. So, I found the words a little later and sung it….making a joyful noise as I am not a singer, but remembering again that praise and worship are sung unto God.

O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him,” Psalm 34:8, KJV. It also speaks volumes as to how much I love the Lord and my need for Him. Life here on Earth is short, but to receive eternal life in Christ gives much hope and satisfaction that it gets even better. And I’m not going to let anyone keep me from receiving my eternal crown of life.

Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me. And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me. I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness. And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak,” John 12: 44-50, KJV.

Many profess to believe that Christ is an authoritative figure, yet deny His deity. Others believe His deity, yet reject His word. It is clearly stated that Jesus came to save those that are lost, but if He is rejected the word will judge them; for Jesus has not spoken of Himself, but of the Father who sent Him, giving Him a commandment of what to say and what He should speak. So, when we spread the Word of Jesus, we are sharing the Word of God and it is not us, the messengers, who judge, but the very Word itself.

No comments: