"And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by Him." Colossians 3:17, KJV

Praise the Lord


Welcome to In His Name, a devotional site where the Word of God is posted and explored. This site embraces the love of Jesus Christ, encouraging Bible study.


Monday, October 31, 2016

This is the Day

This is the day that the Lord has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it. ~Psalm 118:24
 
The climate in our world today is very chaotic. There are so many differing views and opinions that could often cause confusion. But as a Christian, I know that God is not the author of confusion and His Word is truth. He gives us assurance far beyond what the world could ever offer. The assurance that cause rejoicing, even in dire situations.
 
Have you ever seen a person praising God at a funeral? Have you ever heard a person saying, “Thank you, Jesus,” when they have been hurt? Not only have I heard it, I have been that person. It may seem strange to others to see someone glorifying God when circumstances appear dismal, but not to the true believer. I thank God for giving life, although it may be hard to let go when a loved one passes on. I thank God when I’ve been hurt emotionally or physically because I can recognize how to move forward [emotionally] and that I have the ability to feel pain [physically]. Does this mean that I want people to die in my life or that I want to live in pain? Absolutely not, that’s not what I’m saying.
Psalm 118:24 makes a solid statement that this is the day that the Lord has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it … period. There isn’t a conjunction offering an alternative. It doesn’t matter what you may be going through, Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever (Hebrews 13:8). Although our situations may change, God never does. His truth stands no matter what.
So, today let’s meditate on what was accomplished on the Cross and not the gore and darkness of what the devil would have us to. It does not have to be Easter Sunday for us to acknowledge His Sacrifice. Many have distorted Halloween as a time of “having innocent
fun” by celebrating gloom. Instead, why not gather to celebrate life like many do at fall festivals?

God made October 31st too, and it is for His glory, not the enemy’s.

No comments: