"And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by Him." Colossians 3:17, KJV

Praise the Lord


Welcome to In His Name, a devotional site where the Word of God is posted and explored. This site embraces the love of Jesus Christ, encouraging Bible study.


Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Joy and Peace

For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands. Instead of the thorn shall come up the fir tree, and instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle tree: and it shall be to the LORD for a name, for an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off,” Isaiah 55:12-13, KJV.

As I meditate on the goodness of the Lord, I smile. God is joy and peace and Jesus said, “Blessed are the pure of heart: for they shall see God.” I know that I’m not perfect, but praise God, He is! I fall short at times, but He forever stands. I become weak in moments, but I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me. He is just so wonderful and worthy to be praised!

I was a little down earlier thinking about the recent passing of my husband’s close family member. As I grew to know her she became my family too, and not just by marriage. She loved, she shared, but most of all she believed on Christ. We spent times talking about the goodness of the Lord and how some people shun God and are turned over to a reprobate mind, but praise God there are those of us who are separated from the world. Those of us, who may not be perfect, but seek the One who is. I thank God for her life and countless others who are now experiencing what it’s like to see God face to face.

We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord,” 2 Corinthians 5:8, KJV.

No comments: