"And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by Him." Colossians 3:17, KJV

Praise the Lord


Welcome to In His Name, a devotional site where the Word of God is posted and explored. This site embraces the love of Jesus Christ, encouraging Bible study.


Monday, September 13, 2010

Trust in the Lord

It’s inevitable that man will fail you (whether by accident or on purpose), but through God all things are possible. He is the only constant in life that’s guaranteed to have our best interest at heart.

The devil comes to steal, kill, and destroy (John 10:10). That’s the enemy’s primary focus. His fate is sealed and he does not care anything about us. In fact, I think he hates us. The slick, smooth tongue he used to convince the heavenly angels he has no problem using on us. Take note of their eternal home (Matthew 25:41).

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour,” 1 Peter 5:8, KJV. Again, the enemy comes to steal, kill, and destroy. This is not limited to the financial areas in our lives; he ultimately wants to steal our faith in God. The enemy may begin with something small (sometimes the things we consider big) to ensnare us; but in reality the small things are money, careers, etc. Now, I am not saying that these things are unimportant, that is not my stance at all, what I am saying is that they are small compared to the big picture: Faith and trust in the Almighty God. The devil has a way of using those things we care about to manipulate us into turning against God. Some have even committed suicide over a job, a living situation, and even another person.

Meditate on what Jesus said, “Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household. He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me. He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it,” Matthew 10:34-39, KJV. If the enemy can get you to turn against God— he’s got you. Keep your faith! Fight the good fight of faith until the end, no matter what (1 Timothy 6:12, 2 Timothy 4:7).

Also, remember that this can be a test that turns into a testimony; if you have destruction or separation that falls upon the family, remember that you always have Jesus, you always have God. He will never leave us nor forsake us. “But as for me, I trust in You, O LORD; I say, ‘You are my God,’” Psalm 31:14, NKJV. Remember; trust in the Lord, not your circumstance.

No comments: