"And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by Him." Colossians 3:17, KJV

Praise the Lord


Welcome to In His Name, a devotional site where the Word of God is posted and explored. This site embraces the love of Jesus Christ, encouraging Bible study.


Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Spiritual Adultery

“Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name. I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify thy name for evermore,” Psalm 86:11-12, KJV.

Life is afforded to us for a purpose. Each individual has a unique calling on his/her life by the Almighty God. How can I say this? Well, do you believe that you’re randomly here on earth? Do you consider yourself an accident for temporary means or a perpetual being? According to the Bible, God says, “Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations,” Jeremiah 1:5. This tells me that I am not arbitrarily here. The enemy may attempt to get you to believe this nonsense, but we must recognize that there is an invisible war going on and we must decide which side we’re on.

It does not matter what others may say against our steadfast faith in the Lord, for they challenged Jesus Himself. So what more will be done to us who believe? Is it really worth it to gain the whole world and lose your own soul? Every morning, I seek the Lord for who He is: the Maker of all things. He is the creator, not a random choice among gods set up to choose from. Isn’t it strange that some worship images or idols made with their own hands? How can something you made save you from anything? People bow down to statues, throw their hands up in the air to diabolical music and then in the same breath say they love and reverence the true and living God. How can this be? Let’s do an honest assessment: Let every man examine himself (reference 1 Corinthians 11:28).

To examine is not a glance over to see if you can get by like we may do when hurrying out the door. Sometimes, at least I know it’s true for me, I may see a small speck on my shirt or accidentally rub up against an object that may leave an unnoticeable spot to others…but the truth is that I know it’s there. So what does that say about what Christ can see? If you know something is wrong or unclean in your life, don’t ignore it. Ask God to deliver or clean you up (reference Ephesians 5:27).

The word examine mean to analyze or look over carefully to inspect. Another definition describes it as a probe to question, looking at it thoroughly and putting it to the test as for its quality. “Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world,” 1 John 4:1, KJV. If we know that we are doing something against God and continue to do it, this is spiritual adultery. What would you do if someone were cheating on you?

Additional Reference: All in Fun

No comments: