"And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by Him." Colossians 3:17, KJV

Praise the Lord


Welcome to In His Name, a devotional site where the Word of God is posted and explored. This site embraces the love of Jesus Christ, encouraging Bible study.


Friday, May 28, 2010

The Door

John 10:11-18, KJV
11I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
12But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.
13The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.
14I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.
15As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
16And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.
17Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
18No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

Jesus is the door, the good Shepherd—all who ever came before Him are thieves and robbers; to steal, kill, and destroy, but the true sheep did not obey or listen to these liars. God came so that we many have life more abundantly. He lays down His life for the sheep (no man takes it from Him) and He has the power to take it up again. This commandment He received from the Father.

But he that is a hireling (hired servant who merely serves for wages) sees the wolf coming will leave the sheep, running away because he cares nothing for them. Some pastors only want money, only working for finances … a mere hireling, but a true teacher of the Gospel do it for more than just wages because they understand that the Father will supply all of their needs. And in knowing this, they minister from the pureness of their hearts. Blessed are the pure of heart for they shall see God (Matthew 5:8).

Jesus cares for us—God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes on Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life. He is the way, the truth and the life, no man comes unto the Father but by Him (John 14:6). He is the door.

Recommended Reading: John 10:1-21

No comments: