"And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by Him." Colossians 3:17, KJV

Praise the Lord


Welcome to In His Name, a devotional site where the Word of God is posted and explored. This site embraces the love of Jesus Christ, encouraging Bible study.


Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A Fool’s Heart

“The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good,” Psalm 53:1, KJV.

A fool is defined as one who is deficient in judgment, sense, or understanding. They lack the sense to discern spiritual things. “But the natural, nonspiritual man does not accept or welcome or admit into his heart the gifts and teachings and revelations of the Spirit of God, for they are folly (meaningless nonsense) to him; and he is incapable of knowing them [of progressively recognizing, understanding, and becoming better acquainted with them] because they are spiritually discerned and estimated and appreciated,” 1 Corinthians 2:14, AMP.

A fool rejects the things of God, making worldly effects and images their god. Falling prey to idols made in this world. But Jesus told us, His kingdom is not of this world. So why do so many sell out to it, yet proclaiming to be Christians? “They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate,” Titus 1:16, KJV. Not stumbling in ignorance, but fully aware of the truth, yet rejecting it, gravitating towards the mass. “Enter through the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and spacious and broad is the way that leads away to destruction, and many are those who are entering through it,” Matthew 7:13, AMP.

The Bible says a fool is corrupt and has done abominable iniquity. What is abominable iniquity? It is undeniably detestable or disgusting evil, doing no good. When God is rejected, one is turned over to a reprobate mind. This is a mind that is condemned to do indecent things, fulfilling the lusts of the flesh wallowing in self-indulgence. I will expound more on this tomorrow.

“The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction,” Proverbs 1:7, KJV. Wisdom is to know the Lord, and to reverence Him is the beginning of knowledge. Respecting God for who He is opens the door for understanding. Remember when Jesus asked the Father to forgive those who crucified Him because they didn’t know what they were doing? Many reject God, so they’ll never know what it is to be saved. They’ll never understand. God’s word applies at all times. But He does not force Himself on us giving us free will to chose. So when choices are made, there’s no one to blame other than one’s self for the outcome. God is a patient God and He waits…wanting us to come to Him not out of force, but because we have made the decision to willingly serve Him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Many will say Lord, Lord, we cast out demons and we prophesied in Your name. He will say, Depart from Me, I never knew you." (My paraphrase) This verse saddens me to no end because I know there will be many who will be turned away. They strive to do great things for the Kingdom of God, but yet because they are not obedient to His commands, they will not hear, "Well done, good and faithful servant". This verse also speaks in my own life. Am I doing all he asks of me?

I have been reading a book called Getting Along with People God's Way. Before it even gets into how to do this, first and foremost, the author strikes home, God! He is the reason for our being. If He is put in His rightful place, many things will work out. I am seeing how true this is. It is when I am so focused on me first, this is when I really struggle in my relationships.

Blessings,
Kim

Tereza Allen-Duncan said...

To Renee and Kim...you both were very inspiring...I hope and pray that more will read these post and not be ignorant to the ways of God...I pray that folks will take heed to what the spirit of the Lord is saying and straigten up...Renee, this is an awesome, awesome ministry that you have girl...keep doing what you're doing...I can't wait until tomorrow to see in what capacity he'll use you next (we'll yeah I can but you know what I mean:)

Renee said...

Thank you both for commenting, I really appreciate it. I was just talking to someone this morning that relayed to me many of the same things you have both said. In the beginning, I felt; well, apprehensive because so many people can be judgmental. But God reminded me that even if one person receives… rejoice! (Matthew 18:12)

I find myself sometimes in tears because I care so deeply for others...even people I don't know. And after or as the tears fall, I wonder to myself, why. And Jesus reminds me that it's because of His heart for the people. Also, He reminds me that on that day, He will wipe away tears from all faces...in the New and Old Testament.

I asked God months ago for a child-like faith—the faith of purity and innocence. The faith where no matter what others may say, you stand firm that He'll do what He said He will do. Think about when you were a child and the love shown by either a parent or a grandparent...there was nothing that anybody else could have said against them that would keep you from running back to them. That's how I feel about God.

And Kim, you are right, many will say in that day haven't we done all of this in your name...He will show them the door.

And to Terri, your comment goes right in line with it as well, many are ignorant in their ways and it is the proper thing to pray for the veil to be lifted from their eyes.

I thank God for your responses and pray that it indeed reaches even more people. To God is the glory! Amen.