"And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by Him." Colossians 3:17, KJV

Praise the Lord


Welcome to In His Name, a devotional site where the Word of God is posted and explored. This site embraces the love of Jesus Christ, encouraging Bible study.


Friday, November 6, 2009

The Veil

“But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ. But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart. Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away. Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty,” 2 Corinthians 3:14-17, KJV.

I remember my past, thinking on the years I spent in darkness. The moments of justifying my sins, I lived in complacency. I knew then deep inside those things that I did was wrong, but willingly convinced myself that I was “all right” because there were others worst off. But then conviction came and engulfed my entire being. I no longer just thought about Christ and His goodness, I wanted to securely be apart of His divine plan and to help bring others into His kingdom.

When I say that I spent years in darkness, God still loved me even when I didn’t obey. God still showered His blessings over my life, even as I didn’t deserve. And to recall these things, I would truly be a fool not to be fully committed to His will now.

Let me share something with you. I was in the gym earlier this week and saw a woman who had burns on her face and on her hands. My heart went out to her as I immediately lowered my head and praised God. I thought about how she will have to live the remainder of her life with those scars. I thanked God not only for sparing me, but I thanked Him that I have the mind to do so. I asked God to strengthen her as I can only imagine the pain she must have gone through…and may still have to endure. It makes one grateful over the “little” things we may take for granted. But if I was in my old ways, with the veil over my mind, I may have been overly concerned with how it happened, why it happened and when it happened. Not thinking of praying or praising, I probably would have just “felt sorry for her.” Thank God for I know I’ve been changed.

A veil is a covering that masks. It keeps you from seeing what’s really there. With the lady I saw at the gym, I could have run millions of scenarios in my mind of what may have happened. But that’s not who she really is. A veil prompts you to “make up” an alternate reality because you’re blinded from the truth. That’s what satan does. He attempts to turn the truth into a lie. “But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them,” 2 Corinthians 4:3-4, KJV.

I pray that many will come to Jesus so that they can be saved. I pray that God will convict hearts and minds unto righteousness. For without the conviction from the Holy Spirit, the veil remains. We have to understand that we need God and that we need Him now more than ever. People are dying everyday, yet many still dismiss it as random acts of violence. I pray that many will receive the message of salvation for it is not the bible according to Renee; it is the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

“For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake. For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ,” 2 Corinthians 4: 5-6, KJV.

No comments: