"And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by Him." Colossians 3:17, KJV

Praise the Lord


Welcome to In His Name, a devotional site where the Word of God is posted and explored. This site embraces the love of Jesus Christ, encouraging Bible study.


Monday, August 9, 2010

The Lord Hears My Prayers

I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears,” Psalm 34:4, KJV.

As I ponder on a recent sermon given at a church I’m currently attending, I thank God for hearing my prayers. I thank God for confirmation and just being the One true and Holy God that He is. The sermon was based on Psalm 34. This morning, I focus particularly on Psalm 34:4.

God is a ready listener … to those who seek Him. To seek the Lord means pursuing Him. When we go after God, He hears our prayers. So this automatically tells us that those who don’t pursue the Lord shouldn’t expect Him to answer their prayers. Pursuit is not some lackadaisical approach. When pursuing a job or a desired mate, an honest effort is made. In the instance of a job, many go to school, enroll in a particular program, acquire internships, and become apprentices to perfect their skills. If it is something you really want you go after it.

The same is true with relationships. Many who desire meaningful companionship with the opposite sex that leads to marriage, courtship ensues. There are often moments of extended conversations and personal time alone. Why should things be any less important when it comes to God? Our pursuit should be that and more.

God hears us when we seek Him. “If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land,” 2 Chronicles 7:14, KJV. Keywords: If, humble, pray, seek, and turn from wicked ways. We ought not think that we can come to God in any way. There is a process. There is a need to ask for forgiveness. God’s promises are conditional. His love is like that of a marriage. Consider the many references made in the Bible God reveals relating to marriage. It is a sacred vow that we should strive to keep—be in active pursuit.

…and delivered me from all my fears.” When our trust is in the Lord and we pray to Him (seeking Him) for strength and courage, He is faithful to provide.

No comments: