"And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by Him." Colossians 3:17, KJV

Praise the Lord


Welcome to In His Name, a devotional site where the Word of God is posted and explored. This site embraces the love of Jesus Christ, encouraging Bible study.


Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Grace and Mercy

Have you ever ministered to someone with AIDS? Have you ever fed or clothed the homeless? Have you ever visited the sick and shut in?

These are just a few questions to consider the next time you get a clean bill of health, put on new clothes (or old for that matter), sit down in a restaurant (or at home) for a nice meal, or lay in bed with the flu (and you had someone to care you). If you have, you understand how humbling these moments can be. You understand how much it means to the person on the receiving end. Often, we can get complacent with the "little" blessings that God gives to us, not realizing that there is someone out there who doesn't have the basic necessities in life. Many times, tears come to my eyes when I see others in pain...I thank God every day for His continued grace and mercy. It could have been me.

It is good to fellowship with like believers and attend church every week, but is that all we're doing for God? Or is that really for us? Giving back a portion of what God has given to us does not stop at finances. We love Him, so let's show Him. In Matthew 25: 35-36 (Amplified), Jesus says, "For I was hungry and you gave Me food, I was thirsty and you gave Me something to drink, I was a stranger and you brought Me together with yourselves and welcomed and entertained and lodged Me. I was naked and you clothed Me, I was sick and you visited Me with help and ministering care, I was in prison and you came to see Me.”

This video describes in film what I've just posted in words...please view.

http://www.myfaith.com/musicvideo.php?vid=ac0f24765#comments









No comments: