"And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by Him." Colossians 3:17, KJV

Praise the Lord


Welcome to In His Name, a devotional site where the Word of God is posted and explored. This site embraces the love of Jesus Christ, encouraging Bible study.


Thursday, December 17, 2009

The End of All Things

“But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer,” 1 Peter 4:7, KJV.

What a pressing word of scripture. It comes at a time where I’ve been feeling particularly uneasy about things. The dreams that I’ve had over the past week appears troublesome in its nature dealing with death, but encouraging as it draws to an end. I’ve found myself looking for outs in the corridors of what I considered a dark place in my dreams, but then find light at the closure and I give God all the praise for that.

The dreams explore many themes that are played out in the world today, many of which are discouraging. It is sad to turn on the television and hear about shootings and killings that grip our nation and world today. The depressing reality of how life is taken for granted and not cherished as the most precious thing God has given us, of course after His Son. Many times humans behave as if we’re indestructible, yet fail to recognize that we’re but a breath that God has placed inside of a body. “Cease to trust in [weak, frail, and dying] man, whose breath is in his nostrils [for so short a time]; in what sense can he be counted as having intrinsic worth?” Isaiah 2:22, AMP.

When I awoke from the latest dream that I’ve had, immediately a song rose up in me that said there’s nothing to lose in following Jesus, yet everything to gain. After such a heavy dream where destruction seemed to be consuming so much, the Holy Spirit saw fit to soothe me with a song of comfort. “But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you,” John 14:26, KJV.

The end of all things is at hand. It can be seen as bitter, but I choose to see it as sweet. Just as in my dream when I felt so grieved, the ending calmed it all. There was justification, appreciation, and joy. It was a feeling of peace beyond explanation. It confirms a trust I have in only one being whois God that can never be compared to another. Although the end is near, for those who are in Christ death is the best healing I know.

“Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;” Romans 12:12, KJV.

Additional Scripture: Philippians 4:7

No comments: