"And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by Him." Colossians 3:17, KJV

Praise the Lord


Welcome to In His Name, a devotional site where the Word of God is posted and explored. This site embraces the love of Jesus Christ, encouraging Bible study.


Monday, October 12, 2009

Watch your Mouth, part 1

“O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh. A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things. But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned,” Matthew 12:34-37, KJV

I thank the Heavenly Father for His revelation and insight. I thank Him for patience with me. I pray that many more will accept Christ as their personal savior, but we are not here to arrest and force, we are here to simply invite and be available. I know where God has brought me from and I just pray that others who are not in Christ come to understand the grace (unmerited favor) and patience He extends.

Our words are an indicator of what we believe, and another indicator is how we conduct our lives. If we are always saying negative things, why expect positive results? If we sow seeds of destruction, why expect to reap production? If we speak death, why expect life? Something is seriously wrong here. I’ve observed, including in my own behavior, the words of doubt, discouragement, pity, despair, depression, and complacency. What kind of atmosphere are we creating for ourselves? What kind of environment do we expect to live in with words like these floating all around us?

In addition to this, what words are we allowing into our minds? We must examine the television shows and movies that we watch, the radio programs that we listen to, and the company that we keep. As I really got a hold of this I had to examine my own life. What was I doing? Who was I talking to? How was I spending my time? Where was I spending my time? My inner circle changed, my outlook changed, my writings changed and this was a result of the change Jesus had made within me.

Once I had accepted Him, fully, He was then able to change me. There was no more, “Okay God, I trust you here, but over here I think I can handle this.” There was no more, “This issue isn’t big enough to take to You, so I’ll figure something out.” God wanted to be involved in every intricate detail of my life, no matter how small I thought it was. In giving Him total reign in my life, change had to come. He no longer occupied that small room of my heart where He had lived for so long, only to watch in disgust the visitors that I kept. He cleaned house and those guests had to go!

“I call heaven and earth to witness this day against you that I have set before you life and death, the blessings and the curses; therefore choose life, that you and your descendants may live. And may love the Lord your God, obey His voice, and cling to Him. For He is your life and the length of your days, that you may dwell in the land which the Lord swore to give to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob,” Deuteronomy 30: 19-20, AMP

Additional References: Proverbs 18:21, Matthew 5:15-16
Recommended Reading: Blessing or Curse, You can Choose by Derek Prince

No comments: