"And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by Him." Colossians 3:17, KJV

Praise the Lord


Welcome to In His Name, a devotional site where the Word of God is posted and explored. This site embraces the love of Jesus Christ, encouraging Bible study.


Tuesday, November 3, 2009

An Affirmation for Conduct

“Only be sure as citizens so to conduct yourselves [that] your manner of life [will be] worthy of the good news (the Gospel) of Christ, so that whether I [do] come and see you or am absent, I may hear this of you: that you are standing firm in united spirit and purpose, striving side by side and contending with a single mind for the faith of the glad tidings (the Gospel). And do not [for a moment] be frightened or intimidated in anything by your opponents and adversaries, for such [constancy and fearlessness] will be a clear sign (proof and seal) to them of [their impending] destruction, but [a sure token and evidence] of your deliverance and salvation, and that from God,” Philippians 1:27-28, AMP.

God anointed Paul to write these words. Praise the Lord! I’m ever so mindful that he is writing to Christians in a spirit of encouragement to keep the faith. It is a declaration of how we are to conduct ourselves as representatives of Christ. I more now than I have in the past, consider my statements. And even then when I say something that I think is questionable, I think on how God may view it. I’m so glad that I’m at a place where I know that I need Him every day of my life.

Our conduct not just in public, but behind closed doors dictates what we truly believe. It must be a manner of life that is worthy of the Gospel. Worthy is being honorable or admirable. Think about when choosing a mate, you wanted somebody who carried themselves in a way that reflected you in a positive light… I would hope. You would desire a person who you would be comfortable taking home to meet the rest of your family. You would want someone worthy to be a parent to your children. Right? Well, that’s what Christ desires for us, to be worthy of being called a true Christian. We ought to serve Him with our whole heart.

As we are on this journey, we are to stay in the faith…not in fear. “And do not [for a moment] be frightened or intimidated in anything by your opponents and adversaries…” Don’t let anyone intimidate you into thinking you are not of a certain caliber to deliver God’s word. You’ll here a naysayer challenging your confidence in our Lord, but He will give you the words to speak. I don’t know everything in the Bible, but I talk about it every chance I get. I never went to theology school or took ministerial training, but I am led by the Holy Spirit. I welcome His presence in my life and believe that I will come to know even more years from now as I am on this Earth. I try not to concentrate on what I don’t know, rather on Who I know.

And when we stand firm in the faith, it makes others think. They may never tell you, but they consider, if even for a moment, their end. It offers the reality of their condition. They may choose to ignore it at times, but a Christian’s faith is a constant reminder to the world that there is life after death.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings to you this morning.

There is one thing I have noticed about your blog. You have very few followers. Isn't this the way of Christianity? The way is narrow, not many will follow. Stay true to your message.

And I appreciate the you did not go to seminary. I do not know if they are wrong, in and of themselves, but we have seen some rely on other sources than the Word of God after they have gone through their training. Some how the simplicity of the Gospel is lost.

Blessings, friend.
Kim

Renee said...

Yes, there are few followers often when it comes to Christ. God has reminded me that although it is to help others, it is for His glory.

At times I get messages from people who let me know that they read the blog, but never comment. One friend shared with me that maybe they don't know how to respond because it is talking about them and also maybe because they are ashamed. I'm not sure of the reason for each individual.

What I do know is that I have to work out my own salvation. God led me to do this, and I know this because the enemy would never have me to glorify our Savior.

Thank you so much, and I will indeed stay true to my message... For my reward is not here, it's in heaven!